The Reserve Bank of India has launched a centralized web portal UDGAM, (Unclaimed Deposits : Gateway to Access information). Unclaimed deposits lying in banks which have not been claimed can be traced through this portal. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das has shared this information with the public through a press release. This centralized web portal will ensure that every money lying unclaimed with the banks reaches its rightful owner and here we will let you know about RBI UDGAM Portal, Application Form Link 2023.
With the Udgam portal, RBI aims to simplify the process of locating and claiming unclaimed funds, promote financial transparency and inclusion for all, and make finance clear and open to all. In this article, we are going to provide you all the information related to RBI UDGAM Portal Registration 2023, so you must read this article till the end.
RBI UDGAM Portal Registration 2023
Reserve Bank of India has launched a new portal named UDGAM. UDGAM stands for Gateway to Access Unclaimed Deposit Information. RBI has launched the portal for the use of general public so that they can get information about their deposits easily. There may be users who may have unclaimed deposits in different banks on the same portal. This portal has been designed as a centralized web portal for searching unclaimed deposits. Due to the increasing number of unclaimed deposits, RBI is running various public awareness programmes.
Unclaimed Deposits 2023 are those which have matured and have not been claimed for more than 10 years. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das launched the Udgam portal. Recently, RBI had asked the banks to find out the unclaimed deposits of their customers and return them. For this, RBI had instructed the banks to run the campaign. The portal is being described as an important step in the same direction, where it will be very easy to trace unclaimed deposits.
RBI Udgam Portal 2023 Details
|Name||RBI Udgam Portal|
|Full Form||Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information|
|Introduced by||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India|
RBI Udgam Portal 2023 Highlights
- The Reserve Bank of India introduced the UDGAM portal for the general public on 18 August 2023.
- This facility is very innovative and useful because if an account remains inactive for 10 years, the balance is treated as unclaimed deposit.
- These unclaimed deposits are deposited by the banks in the “Depositor Education and Awareness” (DEA) Fund created by the RBI.
- RBI launched UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits: Gateway to Access Information) where you can search for unclaimed deposits in banks.
- Through this portal, it will now be easy to trace the owner of unclaimed money lying in banks. One can also trace unclaimed deposits lying in any bank in his/her name. This portal has been launched to make it easier to track unclaimed deposits in multiple banks on a single platform.
- You can get RBI UDGAM Unclaimed Deposit using the udgam.rbi.org.in registration link given below.
RBI UDGAM Portal Bank List
Currently, customers can view information about their unclaimed deposits in below listed banks on the portal. While from October 15 onwards, the facility of other banks will also be added on the portal. At present, customers of these seven banks are eligible to find their unclaimed deposits-
- State Bank of India
- Citi Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd
- South Indian Bank Ltd
- DBS Bank India Ltd.
What is Unclaimed Deposit?
Such savings or current accounts, in which no transaction of any kind has been done for ten years, then banks declare the deposits kept in that account as unclaimed deposits. However, after this the bank also tries to contact that account holder.
Steps to Fill udgam.rbi.org.in Application Form 2023
- Visit the UDGAM portal of RBI udgam.rbi.org.in
- Here the option of login and register has been given on the home page. You have to register here for the first time, you can login later.
- Click on Login using your mobile number and password. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- The page that will open after entering the OTP will have a form. Here you will be asked to enter the name of the account holder and the name of the bank.
- You have to enter any one of the 5 inputs like PAN Number, Voter ID Number, Driving License or Date of Birth.
- If you have any unclaimed deposit in your name, it will show in the search result. If not, the result will not show.
RBI Udgam Portal 2023 FAQs
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has launched a new portal UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information). RBI has developed this platform to make it easy for customers to view unclaimed deposits across multiple banks at one place.
With its help of UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information) , customers can easily find their unclaimed deposits based on user inputs only. Along with this, users will be able to claim those deposits or revive the account. The special feature of this platform is that it will provide customers the facility to search for unclaimed deposits in different banks.
Presently 7 banks have been integrated on this portal. It has been told that the search facility of other banks will be made available by October 15, 2023.