The last date for filing Income Tax Return in India without penalty is 31 July. During this period, crores of payers file ITR. Many payers have received TDS Refund 2023 after the last date of filing income tax, out of it there are some tax payers who are still waiting for the refund. Apart from this, there are some tax payers whose refund has already been received, but they are not able to know whether their refund has been received or not.
Similarly, if you want to check your TDS Refund Status 2023, you can easily do this sitting at home. The method of checking ITR Refund Status 2023 is quite simple, through which you can find out whether you have received the refund or not, and if it has not come, then you can also find out the reason behind non-receipt of refund. Here we are giving you information about how to check Income Tax Refund Status 2023 via Refund Status 2023.
TDS Refund Status 2023
The deadline for filing income tax returns (ITR) without penalty for the financial year 2022-23 was 31 July 2023. Taxpayers who filed ITR are now waiting for their TDS Status 2023. ITR refund is generally issued within one week to to four months of filing the return. With technological advances, the average processing time for TDS Refund has declined dramatically.
So, if you have not received your ITR refund 2023, check to see if you have e-verified your ITR. If you do not e-verify your ITR, the filing process is considered incomplete and your ITR becomes invalid. If you are among those who have filed ITR, and you are also waiting for your refund. And if you do not know How to check income tax refund status?, then you can check by visiting the official website www.incometax.gov.in.
The process of checking the status of ITR refund is online only. Whenever a refund comes to the tax payer’s account, he/she is informed via text to his/her registered mobile number and email ID but you can also check the refund status online.
ITR Refund- What is e-verify?
If you are waiting for income tax refund 2023, then you should know whether your ITR is e-verified or not. If your Income Tax Return is not e-verified, you will not get a refund because without e-verification the process of income tax return is considered incomplete. Due to which your return can also be invalidated. So if you have e-verified your return, you can check the status of ITR refund.
Steps to check income tax refund status?
- To check the refund of income tax return, you have to go to the official website of Income Tax Department www.incometax.gov.in
- Then you have to log in to the account by entering PAN number, user ID and captcha code.
- After logging in, click on the option of ‘Review Returns/Forms’.
- Now go down in the menu and select ‘Income Tax Returns and select the assessment year to check the refund.
- After this you have to click on the acknowledgment number then a message will appear on your screen, in which you will see the timeline of the return file.
- In this, the time of ITR verification, date of completion of the process and date of ITR refund status 2023 issue will be available.
- Apart from this, you will also see the status of the refund, reason for not refund and payment method.
How to Apply for Income Tax Refund Re-Issue Request
- To Apply for Income Tax Refund Re-Issue Request, you have to go to the official website of Income Tax Department www.incometax.gov.in in your mobile or laptop.
- Log in from the home page of the official website and click on My Account.
- Then, click on the option of service request and select new request.
- Select ‘Refund Reissue’ from the Request Categories section.
- Now fill the details like PAN, type of return, assessment year, acknowledgment number, communication reference number and response etc.
- After this, fill the bank details and get the Electronic Verification Code (EVC) or Digital Signature Certificate.
TDS Refund Status 2023 FAQs
To check the income tax refund status, go to the official website and click on Status of Tax Refund, enter PAN card, assessment year and captcha code and click on proceed. After this the tax status will appear on the screen.
To check check income tax refund status launch www.incometax.gov.in in your mobile or laptop.
If the application has not been accepted due to any mistake, then go to the official website and log in, click on My Account, enter the asked information and submit.