Few days back The Reserve Bank of India has introduced a web portal to claim Unclaimed Deposits. How this portal works and how people can Check UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits Status 2023, we are going to tell you here in very easy language and way. RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das had announced in April to bring this web portal. In the beginning, RBI has included only a few banks, whose Unclaimed Deposits you can get information about. He also informed that the rest of the banks can be included by the coming October.
The names of the banks which are currently on this web portal are Central Bank of India, DBS Bank India Limited, Dhanlaxmi Bank, Punjab National Bank, Citi Bank, South Indian Bank Ltd., State Bank of India. This web portal has been created to know the Unclaimed Deposits. You have to go to the bank to withdraw money and do other things. You can claim Unclaimed Deposits by completing whatever necessary process will be there and with this, you can get your payment done.
UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits 2023 Check Status
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) took a major step to share details about unclaimed deposits in banks over the years. A web portal named UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information) has been launched to know the details of unclaimed deposits lying in banks over the years. This portal has been brought up by the users to easily know the details of unclaimed deposits in various banks.
It is now easier to check and withdraw unclaimed money in different bank accounts such as savings account, current account, FD and RD account or other accounts. This work has become easier from the beginning of the Reserve Bank of India, the central bank of the country. Till February 2023, more than 35 thousand crore rupees were lying unclaimed in different government banks of the country, that is, there was no one to claim it. If your money is also unclaimed in this, then in this article, know the ways to withdraw unclaimed money.
RBI Udgam Portal Status 2023 Details
|Name of Service||RBI Udgam Portal|
|Full Form||Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information|
|Introduced by||Reserve Bank of India (RBI)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India|
UDGAM and Check Status 2023
RBI said that through the portal it would be possible to recover the unclaimed amount and revive the respective accounts. If cash in bank accounts is not used for more than ten years, it is considered as unclaimed deposit. All the undeposited cash that is not claimed by the depositors gets deposited in the banks. The details of such accounts can be checked through the Udgam portal brought out by RBI.
As part of its statement on DRP released in April this year, the Reserve Bank of India said it has launched a centralized website to track unclaimed deposits. To disclose information in An important step has been taken. A web portal named UDGAM (Unclaimed Deposits – Gateway to Access Information) has been launched to know the details of unclaimed deposits lying in banks over the years.
RBI UDGAM 2023 Bank List
- State Bank of India
- Citi Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd
- South Indian Bank Ltd
- DBS Bank India Ltd.
Steps to Check UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits Status @udgam.rbi.org.in
- Firstly visit the official website of Unclaimed Deposits Gateway To Access information udgam.rbi.org.in.
- After that you will see Login to your account option, where you will have to enter your mobile number.
- To register, you will need to create and enter a password. After that OTP will come. After doing this you will reach the main page.
- You will see two options on the homepage. One for Individual and the other for Non-Individual. Then, you will see the names of those banks from which you can claim Unclaimed Deposits.
- Then fill the name of person whom Deposits you want to see, you will write his/her name below the Name of Account Holder.
- Along with this, in Name of Banks, you can select any one of the given bank names, in which you have an account.
- After that you can select any one of the given options (PAN / Voter ID / Driving License Number / Passport Number / Date of Birth). However, another option is given below it, where it is written Show additional search criteria.
- You can take another option (Enter Building name, Street Name, Colony or City and State/UT) by ticking on the box made at its beginning. Keep in mind that whatever option you choose, it should be listed with your bank.
- After that click on search and then will get the information of Check UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits Status 2023 as soon as you click.
UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits Status 2023 FAQs
You can check status for UDGAM Unclaimed Deposits by following above steps.
Yes anyone can check his/her lying amount via this service